Saturday, September 10, 2011

Finally the rain is over….I think

We had so many days of rain lately and the sun finally came out on Friday.  Fortunately, we didn’t have any problems, but many people lost power for several days.  Now that it’s September, I guess that we will have some hot and humid days to look forward to.

I have been busy knitting.  I finished the Sugared Violets shawl, but haven’t blocked it yet.  Pictures coming after I block it this weekend.  I also completed the September Dishcloth KAL.  The pattern is There’ no place like home by Sue Schaeffer.  I used Peaches and Crème yarn in verde green with a size 6 needle.

September 2011 KAL

I also completed the Froggie Bath Puppet.  This is so cute and fun to make.  I made it for my great nephew.  I used Cotonade in color 531 (a lime green) from a kit I got at the Knitter’s Edge with a size 7 needle.

Puppet 2

I started a basic sock pattern sock using Abstract Fiber Supersock in the color koi pond with a size 1 needle.  I love this yarn and how it knits up.

Abstract Fiber basic sock - koi pond

I also started another shawl.  It’s the Copykat shawl, but I am knitting a plain version with Swans Island merino yarn in marine blue with a size 5 needle.

Copykat shawl - Swans Island

I also bought some yarn from the Knitter’s Edge for some quick hat patterns.  I got Katia’s Fabula in color 91.

Katia - Fabula - color 91

And I got a skein of Noro Kogarashi in color 10.  I plan to cast on the needles with this yarn tomorrow.  The hat is really cute. Can’t wait to post the finished picture.

Kogarashi - color 10

Hope we have beautiful weather this week.  I think we deserve it.

No comments: