Saturday, August 13, 2011

Summer of Cookie A Socks

I finished the second pair of socks using a pattern from the Cookiea sock club.  Honestly, this is the best club.  The patterns are great and the yarn is wonderful.  The yarn is Hazelknits Artisan sock in Oh my darling.  The pattern is by cookiea and is called Jubilee sock.  I used a size 1 needle.

Jubilee Sock - Cookie A June 2011

I started on the August sock from this club.  The pattern is called Daphne sock.  Yarn is by A verb for keeping warm.  It’s Metamorphosis in the color sugar jets.  I am using size 1 needles.  Since this is a sport weight yarn, I cast on 60 stitches for the medium size.

Daphne Sock - 1

I also finished the August KAL from my dishcloth group.  The pattern is by Elaine Fitzpatrick and is called Baby Seahorse.  I used Peaches in Crème yarn in the color Persimmon with a size 5 needle.

August 2011 KAL - Baby Sea Horse

The Loopy Ewe got Swans Island fingering merino yarn in stock.  At first I thought, no way.  Then I checked out the web site and looked on Ravelry and I caved.  I bought two skeins in the Marine colorway to make a shawl.  It is so soft.

Swans Island - Merino - Marine

No comments: