Saturday, August 20, 2011

Yard Sale

We had a three family yard sale today and I am exhausted.  I did pretty well and most of the stuff I had left over, I took to a local church for their sale.  It was wonderful to get rid of that stuff.

I was worried about the weather.  I was afraid it would rain.  The day started off foggy, but the sun came out and it turned hot.  So glad that is over with.

I did finish one of the Cookiea’s Daphne socks from the sock club.  The yarn is Metamorphosis from a verb for keeping warm.  This is a sport weight yarn and has silk in it.  I wasn’t sure how I would like knitting with it, but it’s not bad and I like how the pattern is turning out.  The color is Sugar Jets and I used a size 1 needle.

Daphne Sock 1 complete

Still working on the Sugared Violets shawl, but I did buy more yarn.

I purchased some Plucky Knitter single ply merino in the color Barndoor.

Plucky Knitter - single ply merino - barndoor

One of my knitting friends bought some  of Sanguine Gryphon’s Mithral lace weight yarn and I loved what she knit.  So, I had to buy some for myself.  I got a skein of The Reader and Paesaggio a Bordighera.

SG - Mithril

I love Madelinetosh’s Pashmina yarn, so I bought 3 skeins to make the Sothia shawl.  I got 2 skeins of Cloak and 1 skein of Antique Lace.

Mtosh - Pashmina

I’m not knitting the Stephen West Mystery shawl after all.  I waited to see some of the spoiler pictures and I am not thrilled with the pattern.  I don’t believe that I would wear the shawl, so I’m not wasting good yarn on something I won’t use just to participate in a Mystery KAL.  I am really disappointed.  I loved the Daybreak shawl so much and plan on knitting another.

Off to knit and then relax for the rest of the day.

No comments: