Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Snow and Ice

Well, we are in the middle of two storms.  Today we had snow mixed with freezing rain and now there is a lull in the weather, but late tonight or early tomorrow morning, we will be getting an ice storm.  Needless to say, I have been knitting away.  Perfect weather for it.  I just hope that we don’t lose power.

I finally finished the Moebius scarf that I was working on.  I was using Araucania Panguipulli in color 5.  I used size 10 needles.  I really enjoyed this knit and learned a lot about moebius.  I will definitely try knitting something again using this method. This is really nice and warm around the neck.

Moebius Scarf Finished 2

I also completed the Basic Sock I was working on using Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock in the pullman colorway.  I used a size 1 needle for this sock.

Lornas Laces - Pullman - finished

I did start another basic sock using String Theroy Colorworks Continuum sock in Galactic Ghoul.  I really love this yarn.  It is nice and soft.

String Theory Continuum - Galactic Ghoul Sock

I was really glad that I got into the CookieA sock club.  I wasn’t going to try, but it’s CookieA and I’m sure the patterns will be great as well as the yarn.  I’m also participating in the Loopy Ewe club, which is a three month club.  I will try the three month club and decide if I want to stay in after that.  I am debating about the String Theory sock club.  She is going to open up memberships in February.  I have time to make up my mind about that one.

I am still working on the Mushishi (Plymouth Yarns) cowl in color 09.  This yarn is really fun to knit. I am using size 9 needles.

Mushishi Cowl 2

Still frogging some old WIP’s that I didn’t see me finishing, but I did start up on the Leaf Lace Scarf that I started several years ago.  I have an incentive, since one of my Yahoo Dishcloth groups is having a scarf KAL.  You can knit any scarf, so I am knitting this for the month of February and hopefully will finish it.  I will post pictures of this on my next blog post.

Stay warm and safe. Only 46 more days until spring and hopefully the Groundhog won’t see his shadow tomorrow. 

No comments: