Friday, February 11, 2011

Great Knitting Week

February is going so fast.  I can’t believe that it’s almost half over. I have been doing a lot of knitting this week.  That is a good thing.

I finished the February Dishcloth KAL.  The pattern is called Betsy the Bass by Janet Nogle.  I used size 7 needles with Peaches and Crème yarn in the Delft Blue colorway.

Feb 2011 KAL - Betsy the Bass

I also finished another Darrell Waltrip cloth.  The pattern is by Rhonda White.  I used size 6 needles with Sugar and Cream yarn in Beach Ball Blue.

DW Cloth 2

I have been working on my String Theory Continuum Basic sock in the Galactic Ghoul colorway with size 1 needles.  One sock is complete.  This yarn is soft and plush.  I just love it.

String Theory - Continuum - Galactic Ghoul - Sock 1

And, I have been working faithfully on the Leaf Lace Scarf using size 3 needles with Ella Rae lace merino yarn.  I’m so excited that I am just about finished with this scarf since I started it in May of 2009.

Leaf Lace Scarf 2

I also bought some new yarn.  I got Berroco’s Flicker yarn in color 3307 (grey).  I will be casting on tomorrow for the Eternity Scarf using this yarn.  It’s so soft and pretty with the flicks of sliver in it.

Berroco Flicker - Color 3307

I couldn’t resist buying another skein of Twisted Limone sock yarn in the Liquorice Lime colorway.  This picture looks like yellow and black, but it’s really lime and black.

Twisted Limone - Liquorice Lime

Looks like we will be having some warmer weather in the next few days.  By warm I mean it will be in the 40’s.  I hope a lot of our snow and ice melts before we get another storm.  Maybe the Groundhog was right and spring is around the corner.

No comments: