Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Finishing

I have been doing great in the finishing department.  It’s so rewarding. What is also great is that I have been completing some old WIPs.

I completed the basic pair of socks in String Theory Continuum yarn in the Galactic Ghoul color way using size 1 needles.

String Theory Continuum - Galactic Ghoul

I finished an old WIP called the Leaf Lace Scarf by Janet D. Russell.  I used Ella Rae lace merino yarn in a blue color way using size 3 needles.  This is the first project that I really blocked using blocking wires.  It worked out really well.

Leaf Lace Scarf Blocking 2

 

Leaf Lace Scarf Complete - Closeup

I also completed  another old project.  A scarf using Habu Cork Chenille and Tobi Moire yarns with size 10 needles.  I was really glad to be finished with this.  You just knit every row, but with two skeins of yarn that are fine threads, it was easy to make a mistake when knitting.

Habu Scarf

This morning, I finally blocked  my Calendar Scarf.  I finished this in September, but never blocked it.  I used Dale of Norway Baby Ull yarn in a natural color with size 2 needles.  I love this yarn.  I will definitely do another Calendar Scarf using the same yarn, but in a different color.  I will post another picture when it is dry from blocking.

Calendar Scarf Blocking 1

I started an Eternity Scarf by Michele Wang.  I am using Berroco’s Flicker yarn with a size 9 needle.  The color is 3307 a dark grey.  This yarn is so soft, but does dry out your hands.

Eternity Scarf - Berroco Flicker

Well, off to knit some more.  I am close to finishing the Mushishi cowl.  I would like to finish this by the end of the week. Then next old WIP up for finishing is my Multnomah shawl and then the Girasole.

No comments: