Thursday, January 27, 2011

Yarn

Yes, I’m still buying.  I can’t resist.  But, I am being more selective.

First up is Noro Silk Garden Sock in color S269.  It’s a cream colorway to use in combination with another skein to make a Silk Kerchief.  I am going to use my new size 3 Signature cable needles to knit this.  I just need to finish another project and then I’m casting on.

Noro Silk Garden Sock S269

Second is Sanguine Gryphon’s Codex. I got Flash Harry(green) and Enid Coleslaw (purple) to make the Moody Kerchief.  I may be able to make 2 Kerchiefs out of this.

SG - Codex

Third is Madelinetosh merino light in tern.  This is a grey colorway and is it ever nice.  I am going to use this to make the Twisted Rib Neckwarmer.

Madelinetosh Merino Light - Tern

Fourth is Malabrigo worsted in the colorway Pearl Ten.  I am going to use this to make a slouchy hat.  I have a couple of patterns to choose from and I’m not sure which one I will pick yet.

Malabrigo Merino - Pearl Ten

I thought this was a grey color, but it appears to have some brown in it.

Fifth is Twisted Limone Zingy 100.  I got a shaded solid in a green colorway called Cucumber coblis.

Twisted Limone - Tangy - Cucumber Coblis

And, I also got Tangy in the colorway Fruit Salad. This will have wide stripes.

Twisted Limone - Tangy - Fruit Salad

Last, but not least, I got a monster to knit.  It’s a kit from Danger craft called Iris the Gourmet Monster.  She also has a book that might be available now and I plan on getting that too.  The yarn is from Lorna’s Laces.

Dangercraft - Iris the Gourmet Monster

Now all I need is the time to knit all of these patterns.  Although, we have been having a lot of snow lately, so that might help me.Only 51 days until spring.

1 comment:

Jill L said...

Fun -- I have not bought any sock yarn! Socks that Rocks first shipment come any day now!