Thursday, January 13, 2011

Knitting Like Crazy

Maybe it’s the weather.  It’s been cold here and we have had several small snow storms.  That must be what is getting me in the mood to knit and cast on for different projects.

I finished a Darrell Waltrip dishcloth by Rhonda K. White.  I used a size 6 needle with Peaches and Crème in Victorian Christmas.  I enjoyed how this turned out.

Darrell Waltrip - Victorian Christmas

Then I completed the January KAL dishcloth called Happy 2011 by Alli Barrett.  I used a size 6 needle with Peaches and Crème in baby blue.

January 2011 KAL

I also finished my Christmas socks.  I used a  size 1 needle with Frolicking Feet yarn in the color way called Christmas Cactus.

Christmas Socks 2010

I started another sock using Lorna’s Laces Shepherd sock in the pullman color way with size 1 needles.  This is the first time I am using Lorna’s Laces yarn.  I love how it feels and how it stripes.

Lornas Laces - Basic Sock - Pullman

Then one of my friends was knitting a cowl using Plymouth Yarn Mushishi.  It' looked so nice that I bought the yarn and cast on for the cowl.  It’s a simple pattern of purling 3 rows and knitting 3 rows.  I am using a size 9 needle.

Mushishi Cowl

I found two other patterns that I want to start knitting.  They are both small shawls.  I will be casting on soon.  I just need to get more needles.  Yikes!

No comments: