Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Finishing and Frogging

Well, I am working on projects.  Many projects, but I am finishing some.  In fact, I’m not letting myself start on another project until I finish something (other than dishcloths).  So that’s a great incentive isn’t it.

I did start to frog some projects that I didn’t think I would finish.  I ripped out the baby sweater.  I wasn’t keen on how it was turning out, so I knit a dishtowel and dishcloth.  The pattern is Annie’s kitchen set by Sue Schaeffer.  I used Katia Tobago in color 53.  I used a size 8 needle for the dishtowel and size 6 needle for the dishcloth.

Dishtowel and Dishcloth

I also ripped out a fetching glove.  I didn’t like the needles I was using and I ripped out a lace shawl (candle flame shawl) I really just had completed the border.  With all the lace shawl patterns out there, I decided that I could find another pattern that I liked better.  Last but not least, I ripped out the silky tie wrap.  I just didn’t like how it was turning out.  I will use the yarn for something else.  I think that is all I will rip out for now.

I finished the January Mid Month KAL from my Monthly Dishcloth group.  The pattern is called Freedom by Sue Schaeffer.  I used Peaches and Crème in a light blue and baby green with size 7 needles.

January Mid Month KAL - Freedom

This would be a good time to mention that I am sad that Elmore Pisgah (maker of Peaches and Crème yarn) sold the company to Spinrite (maker of Sugar and Cream).  I really loved this cotton yarn for dishcloth better than Sugar and Cream.  Fortunately, I have a lot of it in my stash and should be okay for years to come.

One sock is finished in my Lornas Laces basic sock using the Pullman colorway with size 1 needles. I liked how the striping was turning out.

Lornas Laces - Pullman - Basic Sock 1

I’m so excited.  Signature Needles came out with their updated circular needles.  I liked the cable on this needle, so I got a size 3, 24 inch needle with 5 inch metal needle.  Can’t wait to try this.  I have a project in mind, but need to finish some things before starting.  I also got a size 4 cable needle as well as some Double Point tubes from them.

Signature Needles

Just had to show you a picture of Maggie sleeping.  I caught her sleeping on her football.  She so likes her toys, especially her balls and many times has to go and run to get one to sleep with so that she knows where it is before she goes to sleep. Isn’t she cute?

Maggie Sleeping on her ball

1 comment:

freshisle said...

Adorable!