Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sanguine Gryphon

I just love the Sanguine Gryphon and the yarn she dyes.  I especially love Bugga and Skinny Bugga.  Bugga has 20% cashmere and Skinny Bugga has 10% cashmere. 

I am currently working on the Malestrom sock by Cookie A.  It’s a great pattern.  I am using Skinny Bugga in Blue Lobster with size 1 1/2 needles.  I have finished one sock and have moved on to the second sock.

Malestrom Sock 1 complete

 

I am also working on a basic sock pattern using Madelinetosh sock.  I love the colorway.  It’s called Plum Tree, but I hate how it’s pooling.  I started with size 1 needles and then moved to size 1-1/2 needles.  I’m still not happy.  Here it is with the 1-1/2 needles.

Madelinetosh Basic Sock - Plum Tree

Here is the other side of the sock:

Madelinetosh Basic Sock2 - Plum Tree

So, I started again.  I went back to size 1 needles and I split the ball of yarn in half.  I am knitting two rows from one ball and two rows from the second ball.  I will post pictures when I am further along with the sock.  It looks better so far.

I am not a fan of yarn that pools, but when the yarn is hand dyed it tends to do that.  I have to watch that in the future when I buy yarn.  

No comments: