Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Good Knitting Week

I had a good knitting week this past week.  I finished one Angee sock and started on the second sock.  I love the yarn and the color. I should finish this up the first week in August.  Just in time to start knitting the Maelstrom sock by Cookie A.  Three of us from my Friday knitting class are going to knit this together.  I plan on using Sanguine Gryphon’s Skinny Bugga in blue lobster.

Angee Sock - Sock 1

I’m still working on my calendar scarf.  After this week we should be half completed with it.

I did get some new yarn this week.  From the Loopy Ewe, I got Madeline Tosh sock in Cherry and Black Trillium in Fallen Leaves and Northern Pines.

Loopy Ewe - End of July 2010

From the Sanguine Gryphon, I got two skeins of Bugga.  They are slightly irregular skeins and she ran a contest to get a $28.00 credit.  I was lucky enough to get the credit and I’m just waiting for her to send it to me.  The colors I got are Fiery Searcher Beetle and Blue Lobster (yes, I know I got this in Skinny Bugga, but I really liked the colorway).  I also got these skeins at a reduced price because they were irregular. 

Sanguine Gryphon - July 2010 - Irregular

A few weeks ago, I finished the blanket I was knitting for Maggie and thought you would enjoy a picture of her using it.

Maggie and her new blanket

Isn’t she cute?  She just loves her blanket.  The color is great and the pattern was a fun knit.

No comments: