Saturday, July 10, 2010

Off the Needles

I finally got finished with some projects.  I guess that is what happens when you are working on several items.  Eventually it all comes together.

I finished the Ripple Afghan made out of Fantasy Naturale in color 9005 (purple).  I used size 8 needles.  The pattern called for 8 skeins, I had 9 and used 7.  So, I have enough left to make a market bag.Ripple Afghan2 

Here is a closer picture of the pattern:

Ripple Afghan Closeup

I really enjoyed knitting this and the pattern was easy.

I also finished the Ulmo Multy Wave Scarf made out of Aracania Ulmo Multy yarn, color 715 with a size 7 needle.  This worked up pretty quickly and was fun to do. Can you tell I am partial to purple?

Ulmo Multy Scarf Completed 

I also completed the July KAL.  The pattern is Felicity the Flamingo by Shama Dawson.  I used size 6 needles with Peaches and Creme pastel pink yarn.

July KAL - Felicity the Flamingo

I loved the Fantasy Naturale yarn so much and enjoyed knitting the two flags, so I bought full skeins of red, white, and blue.

Fantasy Naturale - Blue - Red - White

The blue is color 2550 (marine), the red is color 9006 and the white is color 8176 (natural).  Now I can knit flags to my hearts content.  I’d like to try some coasters and maybe a placemat.

I also got a good deal on the light denim colorway.  It was a special at the Knitter’s Edge for $3.75 a skein, so I bought 12 skeins for another afghan and if I have any left, I will make a market bag.

Fantasy Naturale - Light Denim - 8003

Now, I am back to knitting my Summer Lovin Sock and started the 2007 Swedish Calendar Scarf.  It’s an advent calendar scarf and there is a different pattern for 24 days.  The patterns come out in December (one day at a time) and are free until around Christmas.  I am enjoying this one so much.  I think that I may try to knit the 2008 and 2009 and be ready to knit the 2010 scarf when it comes out in December.  I am using a size 2 needle (3.0) with Baby Ull yarn from Dale of Norway in color 20 (an off white color).  It’s really a nice soft yarn.

2007 Swedish Calendar Scarf

No comments: