Sunday, November 29, 2009

Checking projects off my list

Well, I am sticking to my guns and trying to finish off some projects. I haven't started on anything new (except for my dishcloth KAL's) and don't plan on doing that until after the first of the year.

I finished my Multiplicity Scarf. This was a fun knit. It knit up quickly using size 13 needles and the yarn did the work. I only had to use two skeins. It got quite long and I think I will give this to my husband as a Christmas present.

Multiplicity Scarf - Finished


I also completed the November Mid-Month KAL. It's called Tina's knit Angel Dishcloth. This was also a quick knit. I used Peaches and Creme yarn in Cream with a size 7 needle. I would change how I attached the head to the body, but except for that I thought it was really nice.

November Mid Month - Tina's knit angel dishcloth


Another quick project I completed was the Big Softie Cowl. I finished it and found a mistake so I threw it away since it was so hard to tear out after sewing the ends in. I discovered that I was using a size 13 needle and it was suppose to be a 15. So, there was a reason to start over. I finished this today. The yarn is very soft. I guess that is why it's called Big Softie yarn.

Big Softie Cowl


I am almost finished with the last pair of socks that I am knitting for the year. The yarn is Punta merisock in color HP68. I am using size 1.5 needles. I should be able to finish it off this week.

Punta Sock - #2


I'm still finding yarn to buy. From the Loopy Ewe I got the following:

From left to right: Madelinetosh - Tosh sock in the Cedar colorway, Mackintosh Iona fingering in the Taurus colorway, Sweet Georgia Tough Love sock in Lakeshore Drive and Rainforest.

Loopy Ewe - Madelinetosh - Mackintosh - Sweet Georgia


Also, Monkeypal in the colorway Violets Revenge and Madelinetosh worsted yarn to make the Mara shawl in the Oxblood colorway.

Loopy Ewe - Monkeypal - Madelinetosh worsted


Last but not least from the Loopy Ewe is Madelinetosh tosh sock in Lichen 2 colorway.

Tosh Sock - Lichen 2


The Knitter's Edge had Sidar Big Softie on sale, so I got several skeins to make scarves, a hat and cowls in Black, Red, White, and Purple. This yarn knits up fast.

Big Softie


Well off to start finishing another project. I think I will try and finish off my prayer shawl this week in addition to my punta sock. I am on a roll and don't want to stop. Three projects finished and 19 more to go.

2 comments:

Jill L said...

Great job fishing those old projects. I am trying not to CO anything new either, but do have some Christmas presents to make!

Alrischa said...

I am in awe of your sock yarn collection. Everything you buy is beautiful ;)