Monday, November 09, 2009

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells

Yes, I know, it's still too early for Christmas. But, I found some cool sock yarn that is great for Christmas so I just have to sing when I talk about it. I got the sock yarn from Zen String. The top picture is Bambewe in a peppermint colorway. It's suppose to stripe like a candy cane. The bottom picture is Lotus Toes in the jingle colorway (now you understand why I was singing).

Zen String - XMAS


I also got a sport weight yarn called Verde in the Jingle colorway.

Zen String - Verde - Jingle


So, I'm getting in the Christmas spirit and already started on one sock using the Lotus Toes with a size 1 needle and a basic sock pattern. I have already finished one sock.

Zen String Jingle Sock


While I am still working on several projects, I did get the November dishcloth KAL finished. It's called Tree. I used Peaches and Creme in Hunter with a size 7 needle.

November KAL - Tree - Hunter


Now can you see why I am singing Jingle Bells? Between the sock and the dishcloth I am getting in the Christmas spirit.

But, Halloween isn't that far gone, so I was lucky to get a skein of Goth Socks in the colorway Fright Night from Rainy Days and Wooly Dogs. It's 100% superwash yarn and should stripe really nicely. This is tough yarn to get. You have to be real quick.

Goth socks - Fright Night


I also got some yarn club shipments. From the Unique Sheep's Rubber Ducky Club, I got Pima Petite in Pumpkin Patch. It also came with a cool sheep soap and a pumpkin pie stitch marker.

Rubber Ducky Club - October


From the Loopy Ewe, I got my last sock club shipment for the year. The yarn is Numma Numma in The Usual. The colorway is Red Bartlett Pear. It's 100% superwash yarn. I also got a yarn bobbin and kitchener tag from Karatstix as well as a sock pattern. I love her things and have also purchased some of it. She will make it to order, but you may have to wait awhile. It's worth it though.

Loopy Ewe - November Sock Club


Well, off to knit the second Jingle sock. "Jingle all the wayyyyyyy"......

1 comment:

Jill L said...

or Christmas! I almost finished with some holiday socks myself!