Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vote Today!

Thank God it's Election Day. I will be so glad it is over. I am so sick of the phone calls, the junk mail, and the TV commentators. It's as if they know who the winner is so why should we vote? I know there is free speech in this country, but they over analyze everything and I believe that they make things worse.

Back to knitting....... I finished the Sereknity socks I was working on. They were a fun knit. I used size 2 needles with a basic sock pattern. The colorway is Vineyard. I finished them just in the nick of time for the end of Socktoberfest 2008.

Sereknity - Vineyard - Complete
I also completed a dishcloth called Spooky Pumpkin Face by Rachel van Schie. I saw this on another blog and knew I had to have the pattern to knit it. I really am not fond of the seed or moss stitch, but it was too cute to pass up.
Spooky Pumpkin Face
I'm currently working on afghan squares for some knitting groups I belong to and I am trying to finish up some projects that I started awhile ago. Next up is the sweater I started a number of years ago. I am determined to finish this so I can start a new sweater.
I still have my cold, but I found the perfect solution. I used the neti pot. I saw this on Oprah awhile ago when Doctor Oz was on the show and bought it, but was chicken to use it. I finally couldn't stand it and got it out a couple of days ago. What a great invention. It wasn't bad to use at all. You can find more information on it at this web site.
It's been awhile since I posted a picture of Maggie. She loves playing with a ball, so I had to buy her a football. She just loves it can't you tell?
Maggie with her ball

No comments: