Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Read, Read, Read to Make a Year End Goal

The end of the year is fast approaching and I am getting closer to my goal of reading 65 books before the year is finished. The most recent books I have read are:

Stand in Wife by Debbie Macomber
Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger
8 Sandpiper Way by Debbie Macomber
Return to Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux
Summer at Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs
The Winter Lodge by Susan Wiggs
Why Women should rule the world by Dee Dee Myers
Dockside by Susan Wiggs (I love this series by Susan)
A Cedar Cove Christmas by Debbie Macomber
The Funny Thing Is by Ellen Degeneres
Foreign Body by Robin Cook
Fleece Navidad by Maggie Sefton
Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin
The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison
Return to Promise by Debbie Macomber
Mail Order Bride by Debbie Macomber
I love books and I love to read. I recently decided to purchase a Kindle (ebook reader) from Amazon.
Kindle
I didn't know if I was going to like it because it's different from a book, but I love it. It's nice because you can increase the size of the text and you can store books on it (saves paper and space). I also think that I read faster using it (it may just be my perception, but I did talk to a few other people who have one and they feel the same way). You can bookmark pages and highlight passages. I have read two books on the Kindle. They are:
One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell and Pieces of My Heart by Robert Wagner
This brings me to a total of 61 books for 2008. I only have 4 more to read to reach my goal and we aren't at the end of November yet. So, I think I have a good chance of making my goal (as long as I don't get too side tracked by knitting).
I did get some sock club yarn this month. Socks that Rock sent a medium weight skein of Muddy Autumn Rainbow. I love the colors!
STR Sock Club - Muddy Autumn Rainbow
I also got my first skein of yarn from the Color Coop by Unique Sheep. The yarn is fingering weight superwash merino by Tactile Fiber Arts. I like the color and the softness of the yarn.
Color Coop Club - Tactile Fiber Arts
And, this wasn't from a yarn club, but I got a washcloth kit from the Unique Sheep that includes a skein of their Pima Petite cotton yarn in the Brilliant Blue colorway. It also includes a bar of soap and a pattern for the Sheepy Washcloth and Soap Sack Set. Can't wait to knit up the pattern.
Unique Sheep Washcloth Kit
Well, off to knit or ........ maybe read!

No comments: