Saturday, January 25, 2014

Cold and snow today

I’m really sick of winter.  We have had a very cold winter here.  Today it is 21 degrees and it’s snowing.  We are suppose to get 3 to 5 inches.  I can’t wait for spring.

It’s a great day to knit today and I have been doing that.  I am currently working on the Drift sock using Sanguine Gryphon’s Tropical Shield Bug.  This color was from her Bon Bon kit several years ago.  I am using a size 1.5 needle.  The pattern is very easy to do and I love the color.  Great for Valentines Day.

Drift Sock - Sock 1 - cuff and leg

I also had to cast on for a sock with stripes.  I chose the Angry Bird color by Lollipop yarn.  It’s very bright.  Great color to cheer me up on this ugly winter day. I am using a size 1 needle with a basic sock pattern.

Angry Birds - Sock 1 - Cuff

I also started on a baby blanket for my great niece to be.  My niece is pregnant and due in March.  So, I hope I get it finished by then.  I am using Fluttery chunky yarn by James Brett.  It’s a soft chenille yarn and the colors are white, pink and purple with a size 10.5 needle.

Flutterby Baby Blanket

I finally finished the Christmas sock I was working on.  I used Lollipop yarn in the Christmas Carol color with a size 1.0 needle.

Christmas Carol - Finished

I also finished my hitchhiker using Miss Babs Yowza yarn in the night lights color with a size 6 needle.  I love this yarn and hope to make more projects with it.  I got about 39 points and didn’t have much yarn left.

Brickless Completed

Back to knitting for me today.

No comments: