Saturday, December 22, 2012

The World Didn’t Come to an End

Thank Goodness, I have too much living to do and too big of a stash to knit up.

It has been a busy week.  I worked about 40 hours this week.  At least this job is just about over and I get a break.  I only have to work a couple of hours next week and then a few hours the next week.  Then I can concentrate on doing tax returns.

I am about 95% ready for Christmas.  I have some cleaning to do tomorrow and a little grocery shopping to finish.  All presents are wrapped.  I will only have a few odds and ends to do to be completely ready.  Now, we are suppose to get 1 to 3 inches of snow on Christmas Eve and that could wreck the whole thing since I celebrate Christmas with my family on Christmas Eve.  Hopefully, the weatherman is wrong again and we only get a dusting.

I haven’t gotten much knitting done this past week.  I did block the Color Affection Shawl (finally) that I finished in November.  I used Shalimar Breathless yarn in Limerick, Loden and Byzantine.  I used a size 6 needle.  This time I used YO’s at the beginning of the row and end of the row and dropped them on the purl side.  It still puckered a bit as I knit, but once I blocked the shawl there was no puckering.  I used a size 6 needle.

Color Affection Shawl Blocked

I am working on a scarf for a Christmas present and I’m not sure that I will finish it.  I may be knitting it on Christmas.  I am using Plymouth yarn Taria Tweed in color 5302 (a grey tweed) with a size 10 needle.  It takes 2 skeins of yarn and I am on the second skein.  Let’s see what happens.

It has been a relaxing day today, so I guess I will go knit on the scarf.

No comments: