Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I had a great Thanksgiving.  We had a lovely dinner at my brother’s home with his family and then came home to relax.

Today, I went knitting at my local yarn shop and got to spend time with my friends.  So far it’s been a lovely long weekend.

I am working on several projects, but will post pictures in my next blog post.  This post will be dedicated to yarn.

I got several skeins of striped sock yarn.  I am addicted to it.  From Desert Vista Dyeworks, I got three skeins in the colors Dia De Los Muertos, Grade School Turkey, and Jacarandas Down Under.  These are in her Visio base yarn.

Desert vista Dyeworks - November 2012

The Loopy Ewe got in striped yarn from Fibernymph Dyeworks in her Bounce base.  I got The Elves were in the Eggnog and Tartan.

Fibernymph Dye Works - Bounce - Nov 2012

From Gynx Yarns, I got Epyon in 100% merino yarn.

Gynx Yarns - Epyon

Now on to other yarns that are not self striping.  I got Taria Tweed by Plymouth Yarn in grey and green to make scarves.  I have wanted to make something out of this yarn for awhile and my LYS had it on sale today.  It is so soft.

Taria Tweed

I also got Footlights by Blue Ridge Yarns in the pansie colorway.  I plan to make some fingerless mitts with this yarn.  Instead of one skein, you get four mini skeins.

Blue Ridge Yarns - Footlights - Pansies

Last, but not least, I couldn’t resist getting the Chickadee bag by Knittings My Bag.  It came with Spinning Fates yarn in the color Let Heaven and Nature Sing.  This is a DK weight yarn.

Knittings my bag - Chickadee

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  Now, it’s the countdown to Christmas.

1 comment:

Jill L said...

great stash enhancement!