Saturday, November 03, 2012

Things are beginning to get back to normal

Now that the tree has been removed, things are getting back to normal.  Many people are getting their power back; although there are still too many who don’t have it.  I think that’s the worse thing, waiting for power.  In a way, I guess we are lucky.  The temperatures are in the high 40’s here, if it was below freezing it wouldn’t feel too good.

The worse thing in this area is the long lines for gas.  Because places don’t have power, there are not many gas stations open.  Plus, people are not only getting gas for their cars, but for their generators.  Lines are long.

My heart goes out to the people in New Jersey and New York, where they seem to have it really bad.

Knitting has been helping me get over the stress of this storm.  I did finish my Sock the Vote socks.  I used Yarn vs. Zombies in the damsel base and the spiffy iffy color with a size 0 needle.  The pattern was Dancing Bamboo socks.

STV - October 2012

I also finished Terence the tap dancing Trex by Recbeca Danger.  I used Dancing Dog Dyeworks in Tropical Blue and Owlies with a size 5 needle.  This is ready for my great nephews Birthday party on Saturday.

Terence the T-REX

 

I did get some yarn this week.  From Gnome Acres, I got 2 skeins of fingering weight yarn.  One skein is the fancy gnome base (80%merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon) in the To be jolly color. The second skein is in the Maleficent color and it is 75% SW merino and 25% nylon.  I also got a WPI gauge key chain.

GnomeAcres

From Dancing Dog Dyeworks, I got my Monster Mania club yarn in Waltz Worsted.  The color is Big is Boo-tiful blues.  I love this color. I’m waiting for the pattern that goes with this yarn.

DDD - Waltz Worsted -Big's

Since, I got my socks and dinosaur finished, I am working on the Color Affection shawl.  I hope to have this finished by the end of next week.  I need to start on two pairs of socks (one is a Christmas gift and the other is a Christmas sock for me) and another shawl.

No comments: