Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sock Obsessed

I finally finished the Karen’s Sock by Monica Jines.  I loved this pattern with the cables and lace.  I used Socktopus Sokkusu yarn with a size 1 needle.  I just can’t believe that it took me way over a month to finish these.  How time flies.

Karen's Sock complete

I started on another sock right away.  I had to start these because of the Olympics.  I am calling them my USA socks.  The yarn is Lollipop Yarns in the color USA.  I am just using a basic sock pattern.  I may just do a heel flap for these socks instead of an afterthought heel.  I love the yarn!  It’s nice and soft and I love the striping.

USA Sock - 1

I haven’t been doing much other knitting.  It may be because of the heat, although it has cooled down some lately.

I did buy a kit from my local yarn shop.  It’s a crochet pattern and I thought that I needed to do more crochet since I don’t crochet much and don’t feel too comfortable doing it.  Maybe this will help.  It’s a crochet watermelon dishcloth.  I couldn’t resist it because of the colors.

Watermelon Crochet Kit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE both socks. The USA ones are just gorgeous - perfect for the Olympics. You always find the neatest yarns!
Sandee