Thursday, April 26, 2012

We finally have rain

Yes, we have had some rain this past week and a half.  It’s not a lot and it hasn’t been pouring, so that is a good thing.  It’s been so dry here that I haven’t even minded the rain.

As a result, I have been buying yarn.  I couldn’t resist the update from Numma Numma.  I got Doppio in blue cheese and violet bruise.

Numma Numma - April 2012

Then some of my knitting friends and I drove to Emmaus, PA to go to Conversational Threads.  It’s a nice shop, but it is small.  They have so many different kinds of yarns there, but they don’t have too much out because of the size of the shop.  As a result, it’s hard to see.  Also, it seemed as if they had many dark colors.  The good news is that they will be expanding into the space next door.  That will give them more room and the yarns will probably be displayed better.  They have many yarn lines that I like.

I did get a skein of Spud and Chloe Sweater in the turtle color.  I plan on using this to make an animal.

Spud and Chloe Sweater - Turtle

I also couldn’t pass up the last update from the Loopy Ewe.  I did have a $25.00 credit too, so that helped.  I got 4 skeins of  Malabrigo Finito in the estragon color way and a skein of the Biscote & Cie Felix yarn in the color Go Haps Go.  This is a self striping yarn and I wanted the red, white and blue to make socks for the 4th of July.

Loopy Ewe 2012 April

I ordered other yarn this week and I will post the pictures next week, if I get it by then.  I was excited to score big in this update.  I can’t believe that I did so well.  I’m not telling what it is until I can post the pictures.

No comments: