Saturday, February 25, 2012

No Yarn Purchased–Can you believe it?

Nope, didn’t buy any yarn.  That is a good thing.  That’s not to say that I didn’t see yarn I wanted to buy.  Can I go another week without purchasing any more?

I finished the Fair Isle hat that I started in the fair isle class.  I am happy how it turned out and I am ready to start another fair isle project.  I really could take the class again to firm up what I learned, but it will probably be awhile until it is offered again.  I used a size 8 needle with Encore worsted in color 0520 (a dark grey) and Encore Colorspun in color 7517 (pinks).

FairIsle Hat

I finally finished the first Rambutan sock from the December Cookie A sock club.  I used a size 1.5 needle with the Sanguine Gryphon’s Bugga in color Heuschrecke.  This is probably one of the last skeins of yarn that the Sanguine Gryphon dyed since they are split now into two companies.  I was really disappointed in the Bugga yarn.  It started off fuzzy as I knit it.  Later, when I got to the end of the pattern part and just had to knit stockinette, the fuzziness went away.  I don’t know if they changed their base yarn, but I won’t be buying any more Bugga from either company.  I do have more than enough of it too, so I don’t need anymore.  I do like the color and the pattern. Now, I just have to cast on for the second sock and get knitting on it.

Rambutan Sock 1

I also completed the February 2012 Mid Month Dishcloth KAL.  The pattern is called In Celebration by Janet Nogle.  I used Peaches and Crème yarn in pastel pink with a size 7 needle.

February 2010 Mid Month KAL

No comments: