Saturday, November 19, 2011

Too Much Yarn and too many WIP’s

Yes, I keep buying yarn, but I keep finding projects that I want to make.

I was able to get two skeins of Numma Numma yarn in the last update even though I got there late.  I got Red clay Mocha in Doppio and Baba Ganoush in Toasty.  I couldn’t pass up the name Baba Ganoush, so I had to buy it.

Numma Numma - November 2011

Then I bought more Spud and Chloe Sweater from the Loopy Ewe to make animals by Susan B. Anderson.  I got a green (7502) and blue (7520).  I am going to start with the blue first and make a hippo.

Spud and Chloe Sweater - Loopy Ewe - grn and blu

From the Knitter’s Edge, I got Encore Chunky in green and gray to make a chula hat and Debbie Bliss Cashmerino in color 300014 (dark purple) to make a Slouchy hat called North Wind by Sweet Georgia Brown.

Knitter's Edge - Nov 19

I did cast on two projects.  I am knitting a Wooly Wormhead hat called Doodie for my great nephew.  I am using Plymouth Dreambaby in color 0125 (green).  This should match the sweater I am making him.

Wooly Wormhead - Doodie

Here is a picture of the Min Ulla Scarf that I started last week.  I am using Madelinetosh Pashmina in Moorland (green) and Antique Lace.  This is the first time I am knitting a project with two colors of yarn.  Wish me luck. I am using size 4 needles.

Min Ulla Scarf

Now, I have 7 active projects on the needles and plan to cast on three more.  I was doing really good and got caught up on many old projects.  Here I go again, project barf.  I keep having to buy more needles to knit these projects! Hopefully, I will get get quite a few of them completed before the end of the year.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jill L said...

WOW! Lots of new yarn!