Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It’s a wonderful knitting world

Well, it’s been a nice week so far.  The weather has been great, I had time to spend with friends, and I was able to get a lot accomplished around the house (including knitting).

I finished the Capucine hat.  This was a wonderful knit.  It was a very easy pattern and I loved the yarn.  I used Noro Kogarashi in color 10 with a size 10 needle.  The yarn is silk and wool.  It was a very fast knit.  I knit the hat in one day and did the tassels later.  I may just do another one of these.  This will keep my head and ears warm this winter. It makes a big difference when you love the yarn you are using.

Capucine Hat

I finally blocked the Sugared Violets Shawl.  I used size 6 needles with The Sanguine Gryphon’s Traveler yarn in Gaudi House.  I really love this shawl.

Sugared Violets Shawl complete

I couldn’t resist buying some yarn this week.  I got Bugga yarn from the Sanguine Gryphon.  Colors are Blue Emperor Dragonfly, Autumn Tiger Beetle, and Tulip Tree Beauty.

 

SG - Bugga - September 2011

I was also able to get yarn from the Numma Numma update last Friday.  She had a new yarn called Happy Hour, which is 50% wool and 50% silk.  I got two skeins in that base: Anise and Julep.  I couldn’t resist a skein of the Usual in After Dinner Mint.  You can tell that I like the color green and I am beginning to love silk mixed with wool.

Numma Numma - September 2011

I am working hard to get the basic sock completed using Abstract Fiber in time for the end of Summer of Socks 2011.  Only problem is that I keep dropping stitches.  Hopefully, I am back on track.  Off to try and finish one sock tonight.

No comments: