Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away for awhile, please?

After a beautiful Saturday, the dreary, rainy days are back.  When will it end.  I guess the best thing about the weather is that I am getting quite a bit of knitting time in.

I had 200 rows on the mystery stole to finish and have completed 50 rows.  It’s all coming back to me now.  I need to knit this in a quiet environment, count out loud, have good lighting (an ott light), and magnifier glasses (I am using 3.0).  The reason is that I am using black lace yarn.  What was I thinking?  I also put in a life line after 50 rows.  So, I’m one quarter complete.  Sounds good, but the rows keep growing by 2 stitches on every other row.  So, I will be up to close to 200 stitches on the needles until I am finished.  Right now I am at 54 stitches.  I will take a picture after I get finished with the next 50 rows.

I did complete the Abstract Fiber sock in the sweet pea color using size 1 needles.  I really, really liked this yarn.  I must get more.

Abstract Fiber - Sweet Pea sock- complete

I also finished the Mid May 2011 Monthly dishcloth KAL.  The pattern is Fruited Plains by Andi Worthy.  I used Peaches in Crème in the mauve color way with size 7 needles.

May 2011 Mid Month KAL

I wasn’t planning on it, but I also picked up the ripple afghan I was working on and started on it again.  Maybe after finishing the mystery stole, I can crochet away on this the rest of the summer.  I just might surprise myself and get this finished yet.  Good thing that the world didn’t end on Saturday.

Well, Numma Numma is back from Mexico and had her last update until September.  So I bought more yarn.  I love her yarn.  I got The Special (a fingering weight yarn) in the WiFi colorway and I got the Usual in Table for Two, Manager’s Choice and Stump Brew.

Numma Numma - May 2011

Off to knit on the Minnie scarf and play Words with Friends.  That is addicting!

No comments: