Monday, May 02, 2011

Still finishing old projects

I am so glad to have finished my stuffed mittens.  I had finished the first one years ago and finally started on the second mitten recently.  I used Kraemer’s Summit Hill yarn in blue quartz with size 4 and 6 needles.  Stuffing the mittens was okay, but I don’t think I will make this pattern again.

Thrumbed Mittens - Finished

Also completed this weekend was my third prayer shawl.  I liked the Marble Chunky yarn so much, I had to make another one.  The color is MC 16 (a gold colorway) using size 13 needles.

Prayer Shawl 3

 

I finished the April Mid Month dishcloth KAL.  I enjoyed this one.  I used Peaches and Crème in Bright Navy and Shades of Spring with size 6 needles.  The pattern is the Stained Glass cloth by Lindy.

April 2011 Mid Month KAL

Still working on my Twisted Limone socks.  I have started the second sock and have placed my yarn for the afterthought heel.  I am using Tangy sock in Fruit Salad with a size 1 needle.

Twisted Limone - Tangy #1 - Second Sock

Note the Chic a bag that is holding the yarn.  I love this bag.  It works great for holding a ball or cake of yarn.  I hope to finish these socks by the end of the week as my friends and I are going to start a Cat Bordhi sock using her new sock book.

Since I finished the prayer shawl and mittens, I dug out the Mystery Stole 3 and Chevron scarf that I started in 2007.  I only have to do the wing on the Mystery Stole, so it shouldn’t take too long to complete, but I am really knitting this slowly so I don’t make a mistake.  I need to knit this at home without any distractions.  I am about a third complete on the Chevron scarf and think that I can finish this pretty soon too.

Chevron Scarf - STR

For the Chevron scarf, I am using Socks that Rock yarn in Farmhouse and Watermelon Tourmaline with size 5 needles.  For some reason I thought I had to knit the scarf until I finished the yarn, but after reading over the directions, I am suppose to make the scarf about 77 inches before finishing it off.  I will definitely have to block this scarf.

Well, I am off to knit.

1 comment:

Jill L said...

Yeah, for finished projects. Now you can cast on some new ones!