Saturday, May 14, 2011

The rain is back

It was such a lovely week this week.  The sun was out and it was warm.  Beautiful spring days until Friday when it was overcast all day and now today with the rain.  It makes it cooler outside, so I can’t sit on my porch.  Darn!

I have gotten further with my Abstract Fiber sock.  I really, really like this yarn and the colors.  I will definitely get more of their yarn.  The color is Sweet Pea with size 1 needles.  I am past the heel and on my way to the toe to finish up one sock.

Abstract Fiber - sweet pea sock1 - 2

I also knit on Cat Bordhi Ocean Toes sock.  I really had trouble with this pattern.  I had to rip it back many times, but finally got to the designated rows by Friday.  This week we are taking a break since everyone has not gotten to that point and I am so glad.  I need a break from this sock.  I am using size 3 needles with Crock-O-Dye yarn in color 559 (a seafoam green).   I am not liking the yarn.  It’s nice and soft but is fuzzing up.  Not happy with that.  It isn’t helping that I am having problems with the pattern and I’m not happy with the yarn.  But, I will plod on and finish it.

CB - Ocean Toes Sock

Still working on the Chevron scarf.  I have about 20 inches more to do and hopefully, I will be able to finish it within the next week or two.

I got the Loopy Ewe’s Mother’s Day kit.  The yarn is Studio June’s Super Cash Sock in the color Beach Glass.  Nice yarn!  It also came with a project tote and cute flowered tape measure.

Loopy Ewe 2011 Mother's Day Kit

The Turtlepurl yarn I ordered came.  This is Softshell turtle toes in Kiping at camp and Haeeyyy.  Love the yarn.  I plan on using this for a Daybreak Shawl.

Turtlepurl Softshell Turtle Toes Yarn

And, I finally got another skein of Wollmeise lacegarn in the color Fliederbrusch.  Isn’t it pretty.  Lot’s of yardage on this one.

Wollmeise Lacegarn - Fliederbrush

Off to knit on the chevron scarf.

No comments: