Friday, December 10, 2010

December and snow

Well, we haven’t had any snow accumulation yet, but we have had snow flurries.  It’s so pretty to see the snow when it’s flurries.  However, Sunday we could have some snow on the ground.  But, that’s okay.  I have no where to go and I can curl up and read a book or knit.  I’m just about ready for Christmas.  I only have a few small items to get and just have to wrap a couple of things.  So, bring on the snow!

I finally finished one of the Embossed Leaves socks.  I am using Sanguine Gryphon’s Skinny Bugga in leaf insect with a size one and one-half needle.  I altered the pattern a little (cuff and toe), but I like how it’s turning out.

Embossed Leaves Sock

I also finished the December KAL from my monthly dishcloth group.  The pattern is Knitted Tree by Frugalhaus.  I used Peaches and Crème in Christmas Green with a size 7 needle.  This was fun to knit.

December KAL - Xmas Tree

I also started a basic sock using Frolicking Feet in Christmas Cactus.  I'm using a size one needle.  Not sure if I will finish this in time for Christmas.

Frolicking Feet Basic Sock-Christmas Cactus

I was fascinated by another knitter’s project of the Ribbed Mobeius Scarf, so I went on YouTube to see how to do the cast on and I am loving this pattern.  It’s very easy once you get the yarn cast on.  I am using Araucania Panguipulli in color 5 with a size 10 needle.

Ribbed Mobeius Scarf - Panguipulli

I did have to buy more yarn.  I got more Marble Chunky in the color MC16 (a gold colorway).

Marble Chunky - Color MC16

And, I got Fantasy Naturale in color 8013 to make a small afghan to put on the back of our new Lazyboy chair.

Fantasy Naturalle - color 8013

I’m a happy camper. I’m enjoying my time at home, doing what I want to do when I want to do it, surrounded by yarn and knitting with my friends at the Knitter’s Edge. What more could I want?

No comments: