Thursday, May 06, 2010

New Computer

I got a new Dell computer.  It was time to upgrade and since it appeared that Windows 7 worked better than Vista, I decided that now was the time.  I was really impressed with Dell, as they originally gave a ship date at the end of April, but it shipped sooner and I had it about 2 weeks earlier than they originally said I would.

Windows 7 is sure different than Windows XP, but I am getting use to it.  I also got Office 2007 and can upgrade to Office 2010 when it comes out for free.

One new feature I discovered was Windows Live Writer.  It’s a great program to use to write my blog.  I can do all sorts neat editing without using HTML.  I am using it now to write this post.

So I can check out adding photos, I am attaching a picture of the Wool Girl Sock club April Shipment.  This is so cool.  I got a large tote bag with an additional medium and smaller bag, A skein of Pippi sock yarn from Chameleon Colorworks in the Lily of the Valley color way, three patterns (sock, headband, and scarf), Lily of the Valley scented goat milk soap, a fabric covered tape measure, a beaded stitch marker, and a pen.  It’s a great package.

WoolGirl Sock Club - April 2010

Don’t you just love the rounded corners on the picture?  I was able to do that with Windows Livewriter.  I love this program!

No comments: