Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Decade Gone - Time Flies

I can't believe that we are going to be starting a new decade. Time sure flies as you get older. I can remember being a kid and time went so slow. Things looked bigger than too. It's amazing how your perspective changes as you age.

Well, I haven't been knitting much over the holidays and soon it will be tax season and I don't know how much knitting I will get to do then, but I'm sure going to try.

My plan is to finish up some works in progress and only start one new project and finish it before starting another new project, while I'm doing that. I also plan to knit from my stash. I will be in two sock yarn clubs and a cotton yarn club and except for getting the yarn prepacks from Peaches and Creme for my KAL group, I won't be buying any yarn. Oh, I almost forgot I have two gift certificates to use and I have some Sweet Georgia yarn on order. Let's see how well I do.

I did get some purchases in before the end of 2009 though. I bought more Madelinetosh worsted from the Loopy Ewe as well as a skein of Spirit Trail Fiberworks. From left to right: Spirit Trail Fiberworks Sunna in Tuscany color, Madelinetosh worsted in Cobalt blue, Silver Fox, Turquoise, and Sequoia.

Loopy Ewe - Dec 28 - 09

From the Knitter's Edge I got some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky and Encore worsted. Both are in red for scarves or cowls or mittens (not sure what yet).


Knitter's Edge - Bliss - Encore

I also got the Claudia Handpainted French Scarf kit from The Knitter's Edge. It uses a Boucle yarn and a kid mohair yarn. The colorway is called Copper Pennies. I love the name since I lived near a restaurant called the Kopper Penny. It's no longer there anymore. It burned down, but if anyone gives directions in that area they refer to the Kopper Penny and amazingly enough people know what they are taking about. What's with that?


Claudia Handpaints - French Scarf Kit


I got a cute yarn holder from the Knitter's Edge. It's made by Lantern Moon and it's called a knit out box. This should keep my skein of sock yarn from getting messed up as I knit a sock.

Sock Yarn Holder

Last but not least, I have to end the year with a picture of Maggie in a new bed I bought her for Christmas. At first she only wanted to lay on top of it, but gradually she is getting use to going inside of it. In fact she is in it now. She likes to sleep under the covers at night, so I figured that she would like this too. Doesn't she look content? When she goes in it now, she is all the way in the bed so you can't see her. She doesn't want to admit it, but she likes it.



Maggie in her new bed

Maggie and I hope you have a Happy and Healthy New Year. 2009 sure was interesting. I hope 2010 gets better.

1 comment:

Jill L said...

OMG great stash -- BTW is just joined (I know,I know) the Spirit Trail Yarn Club..yikes!