Sunday, March 22, 2009

I love Spring

I love Spring and I love daylight savings time. It's so nice to have it stay lighter longer and even though the temperature could be warmer, at least it's not snowing or freezing out. March is almost over and that means April is around the corner. Soon we will be able to get out our porch furniture and sit outside. I can't wait!

I think I am getting my knitting mojo back. With the new yarn shop opening and tax season almost ending, I will have more time to knit and get some of my projects finished as well as start new projects. I have been pretty good about buying new yarn. Most of what I have been getting is from yarn or sock clubs.

I finally got my first shipment from the Lime and Violet Intentions Clubs. I am pleased with the yarn and the colorway. It's a superwash merino with bamboo in a green and purple colorway.

Intentions Yarn Club - Bliss
I also bought a skein of the Berocco Sox metallic yarn in color 1375. Of course I had to get this from The Knitter's Edge.
Berocco Sox - Metallic - 1375
They also carry Ella Rae lace merino. I really want to make something with that yarn and did find a project. It's the Fiddlehead scarf from Knitspot. I got the pattern so now when I go to class this week, I will pick out a skein of yarn. It takes 350 yards of yarn and I believe that the ella rae lace merino has more than 400 yards on the skein. I can't wait to start it, but this gives me the incentive to work on other projects I need to finish. And, I do want to do another Vintage Velvet scarf using the Touch me yarn.
I do love the Ella Rae books. I saw one on the Internet and had it on my list of things to purchase and was jumping up and down when I found it at The Knitter's Edge. One book is afghans and the other has great sweater patterns. I already have a sweater picked out, but need to finish my Central Park Hoodie first.
Well, I'm off to do some knitting.

No comments: