Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Looking Back and Looking Forward

Today is a day to reflect on what I accomplished in 2007 and what I want to achieve in 2008.

I completed the following projects in 2007:

18 Dishcloths
12 Comfortghan Squares
6 Pairs of socks - I'm really proud of finally feeling comfortable with knitting socks.
2 scarves
1 pair of fingerless gloves
1 baby blanket
1 headband
In addition, I read 62 books this year. Posted on my blog 39 times in 2007.

UFO's:

Mystery Stole
Berroco snowflake
Two pairs of socks
Socks that Rock scarf
Silky Tie Wrap
Shrug
Sweater
Candle flame shawl
pair of fetching gloves
Beach tote
Ripple afghan
Thrummed Mittens

Other things that happened in 2007: We lost our wonderful, wonderful cocker (Sadie), we acquired a precious cocker named Maggie, who is now a year old. I lost my job and I got a new part time job. I became a member of Ravelry and I'm starting to keep track of projects and stash.

Goals I hope to achieve in 2008:

1. Complete installing files and programs on my computer (hard drive crashed)

2. Organize closets and cabinets and purge items (or maybe a yard sale in spring).

3. Organize my yarn stash better and continue to update Ravelry.

4. Update my blog at least once a week.

5. Do some stashbusting - I really need to stop buying and use up my stash. But, I know I will be tempted and will allow it occasionally.

6. Knit 24 comfortghan squares for my Yahoo Dishcloth group.

7. Knit 12 socks (one for each month) if not more.

8. Knit a patterned sock

9. Knit a Christmas stocking or two

10. Knit the Ice Queen pattern on knitty.com

11. Attempt two color mittens (Icelandic type) and a fingerless glove with cover.

12. Finish some UFO's

13. Read 65 books

It will be interesting to come back at the end of 2008 to see how well I did.

No comments: