Saturday, December 27, 2014

A Belated Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah

It’s over.  All the time and preparation and before you know it Christmas is over.  Why do we do this to ourselves?  At any rate, I hope for those who celebrate, you had a Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukah.

Finally, things have calmed down and I can knit again.  I probably didn’t do any knitting for about 2 weeks.

I finished my Thanksgiving socks using Dancing Dog Dyeworks Grade School Turkey color using a size 1 needle with a basic sock pattern.

Grade School Turkey Sock Complete

I immediately cast on for a Christmas sock, which won’t be finished until next Christmas.  I am also using a basic sock pattern with a size 1 needle.  The yarn is from The Lemonade Shop in the color Peppermint Ice Cream.

Peppermint Ice Cream Sock 1

I did get some more yarn.  I had ordered more yarn from Knit Circus awhile ago and it finally arrived.  The yarn is The Greatest of Ease in the Color Brew Crew.  I love the blue color.

Knit Circus - Greatest of Ease -Brew Crew

Katia Jumbo yarn in the color 100 to make a cowl.  This yarn is very soft and should knit up fast.

Katia - Jumbo - Color 100

Last, but not least, I bought Madelinetosh Twist Light in the color Doctor’s without Borders.

Madelinetosh Twist Light - Doctor's Without Borders

Back to knitting!

No comments: