Saturday, August 09, 2014

What a beautiful day!

I can’t believe that it is August.  The temperature is currently 84 degrees.  The sun is shinning and the humidity is only at 32%.  It’s a great day outside.

I have been working on my shawl.  I am still knitting with the tart color.  This is the Cameo shawl and I am using Madelinetosh sock in the colors tart and farmhouse white with a size 5 needle.  I am enjoying knitting this shawl.

Cameo Shawl - Tart

I also forgot that I had knitted a prayer cloth.  I have been wanting to knit one of these for awhile but forgot about it.  It is a cross pattern.  I used Plymouth Fantasy Naturelle in color 2754 with a size 7 needle.  This knitted up fast and it’s been awhile since I knit any type of cloth.

Prayer Cloth - Cross

I did get two skeins of self striping yarn.  The first is by Caterpillargreen yarns in the color Skyline. This yarn is 70%  superwash merino, 20% cashmire and 10% nylon.

Caterpillargreen Yarns - Skyline

The second is by Quaere Fibre. The color is Patchwork.  It is 80% superwash merino and 20% nylon.  There are 600 yards on this skein.  I can’t wait to knit this yarn into a sock.

Quaere Fibre - Patchwork

No comments: