Saturday, June 14, 2014

When will it stop raining?

It has been a lousy week.  We have had dreary days and rain.  Today was suppose to be sunny, but the sun hardly came out.  I hope tomorrow and next week is nicer.

I finally finished the Willow cowl.  I had to rip it back because I didn’t have enough yarn to finish.  I should have had 2 skeins of yarn, but the yarn I used I bought years ago and only had one skein.  As a result, I only had 3 repeats of the lace section where the pattern had 5.  I still like how it turned out and will make another one.  I used a Size 5 needle with Socks that Rock lightweight yarn in the color Muddy Autumn Rainbow.

Willow Cowl - complete

I worked on my Rainbow sock.  It’s a 15 color rainbow striped yarn.  I planned on doing the normal heel flap and then decided that I would waste too much yarn to get it to work out once I finished the heel.  So, I am doing an afterthought heel.  I am using a size 1 needle and the yarn is from Fab Funky Fibers.

Rainbow Sock 1 - Leg

I finally cast on for the Rikke hat.  I am using Madelinetosh DK in the color plaid blanket with a size 4 and 7 needle.  I really like the color.

Rikke Hat 1

I better work on these projects as I am already checking out new patterns to start knitting on.  I already have a skein of yarn wound to start another sock.

No comments: