Friday, June 27, 2014

I am in love with Madelinetosh Yarn

I just love Madelinetosh yarn!  I finished the Rikke hat in Madelinetosh DK using the color Plaid Blanket with a size 4 and size 7 needle.  I loved the color and the yarn and finished the hat in a week. 

Rikke Hat complete

I really liked the pattern, but it called for one skein of Madelinetosh DK and you were suppose to knit 9 inches from the cast on edge before doing the decreases.  I only knit 7 inches before decreasing because I would have run out of yarn.  I could have probably gone to 7 1/2 inches, but I didn’t want to take the chance.  The hat looks okay with only the 7 inches from the cast on edge, but this was the second project that I didn’t have enough yarn according to the instructions.  I am going to make another one, so I bought 2 skeins of Madelinetosh DK in the color Wicked.  It looks brown in the picture, but it has purple in it.

Madelinetosh DK - Wicked

I loved the plaid blanket color, so I bought more of it in tosh sock.  I plan to use this color for another Willow cowl.  I bought 2 skeins of it so I would have enough.  I also bought tosh sock in Wicked, Aura, and Cardinal.  I plan to use the Aura and Cardinal for the Foolproof cowl.

Madelinetosh Sock

Little Skein in the Big Wool came out with a theme of Where the Wild Things are.  I loved the monster pattern, so I bought the kit that includes the pattern, yarn, and accessories.  The yarn is Highland Handmades in her Green Ash Worsted Yarn in the color Minos (I got 2 50 gram skeins to make 2 monsters – I have big ideas).  It’s a blue color.  I also couldn’t resist Highland Handmades Striped Maple Sock in the Color The Wild Rumpus.

Little Skein - Kit for Wild Rumpus Monster plus

I have been coming along with my Fab Funky Fibers Rainbow sock using a size 1 needle.  I debated about doing a heel flap, but changed my mind because of the number of colors in this self striping yarn.  So, I am doing an afterthought heel.  I am still working on the first sock.

Rainbow Sock 1 - past leg

I just had to cast on another sock.  This time I chose a patterned sock called Hedera by CookieA.  I am using a size 1.5 needle with Hazel Knits Artisan sock in the color Blueberry.  I only started this sock this week so you are only seeing the cuff.

Hedera Sock 1 - Cuff

I really like Hazel Knits yarn and need to knit more socks up with it.

Well, I better get knitting.

No comments: