Saturday, March 01, 2014

Here we go again–More snow!

Another snow storm is on it’s way.  It could be 6 – 12 inches starting Sunday into Monday.  I am so glad it’s finally March, but I was hoping that we wouldn’t be getting much snow anymore.  Plus, I would really like the snow on the ground to be melted before getting any more.

I was able to finish two pairs of socks this week.  I completed the Angry Birds sock.  The yarn is Lollipop yarn in the color Angry Birds.  I used a basic sock pattern with a size 1 needle.  I loved the colors on this sock.

Angry Birds Sock Complete

I also completed the Drift socks.  I used the Sanguine Gryphon’s Bugga yarn in Tropical Shield Bug with a size 1.5 needle.  The pattern was very easy to knit.

Drift sock - Complete

So now that two pairs of socks are off the needles, I cast on for another basic sock pattern using Desert Vista Dyeworks Viso yarn in the color Zombody go Bragh with a size 1 needle.  Great colors for St. Patrick’s Day.

DVD - Zombody go Bragh

I also got some more skeins of yarn.  From Gales Art I got her Wonder Sock in the colors Hydrangea and Graffiti and Asphalt.

Gales Art - Hydrangea and Graffiti and Asphalt

Also, I plan on knitting the pattern Gale by Alicia Plummer.  It’s a sweater pattern.  I bought Homestead yarn by Plymouth in the color 2 – Taupe Heather (looks more like grey) to use for this project.

Homestead - Color 2 - Taupe Heather

Well, one more week and it’s Daylight Savings Time.  I am looking forward to that because I am hoping that we will be getting some warmer weather to melt this snow.

No comments: