Saturday, August 31, 2013

It’s Labor Day Weekend and Summer is Over

I am sad because it was a pretty good summer.  We only had about 2 weeks of intense heat and the rest of the summer wasn’t too bad except for all the rain we had in August.

I did more deep stash diving and picked out some Vesper Sock yarn that I had in the Witchy Woman color.  I figured that I would make this for Halloween.  I am using a size 1 needle and a basic sock pattern.  I’m ready to start the heel flap.

Vesper Yarn -Witchy Woman

I did add to my stash.  I got some striped yarn from Fireweed Dyeworks (AlaskanNancy) on etsy.  This color is called Russian Rainbow.  I love it and want to get more.

Fireweed Dyeworks - Russian Rainbow

I was also able to get Color Addiction from Lollipop Yarn on her last update.  I still want to get Life is Beautiful.  Maybe next time.

Lollipop Yarns - Color Addiction

I also got my shipment from Desert Vista Dyeworks.  The colors are Tiki Bar and Neon Halloween.  I love this yarn.

Desert Vista Dyeworks - Tiki bar and Neon Halloween

I finally realized why I love self striping yarn.  Variegated yarn is great, but I hate pooling.  With self striping yarn, you don’t get pooling.  I also love the color changes.  It makes knitting the sock go faster.  You don’t have to just do a basic sock pattern with self striping yarn.  There are patterns out there where patterns do look great with the yarn.

I still need to destash some yarn and I think that the next time I destash, I will be looking at getting rid of variegated yarn that is hand dyed.  I will still keep some of it, but I plan to destash quite a bit.

I am close to finishing the Song of the Sea Cowl, so I guess I will get to my knitting.

No comments: