Thursday, August 08, 2013

Hot Town Summer in the City

Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty.  I love that song by the Lovin Spoonful.  It brings back memories of working at the pool in the summer of 1966.  Fibernymph dyeworks has a color way in that name and I had to buy it…..right?  And,  it stripes.  Another great reason to buy it. I also got Octopus Garden (a great song by the Beatles)  and Hot Town Summer in the City.  Both skeins are in her bounce base.  I’m singing right now.  Can you hear me?

Fibernymph Dye Works - August 2013

I also got some yarn by Desert Vista Dyeworks.  I love her yarn and it was on sale.  Had to buy it because of that and it stripes.  I’m obsessed by yarn that stripes.

DVD - August 2013

I got Neon Spring and the Logo Colorway in the Viso base.

I have been having a great knitting week.  I finished the green scarf that I was knitting using Suss bomull in apple green with a size 7 needle.

Suss Scarf

I’m getting closer to finishing the Pagona shawl by Stephen West.  I’m using Dream in Color Everlasting in Morning Glory with a size 6 needle.

Pagona - Aug 8

I started the High Speed Knitting shawl at the end of July.  I am using Desert Vista Dyeworks Shadow Gradient fingering in Witches Brew.  Right now you will see mostly black, but it will be green as the shawl gets bigger.  It’s been a little slow going with this project, but I am working on several projects at the same time.  I’m trying to give each of them some love each week.

High Speed Knitting - 2

I couldn’t wait to cast on for the Brickless scarf/shawl by Martina Behm.  I am using Miss Bab’s Yowza in the color Berlin with a size 6 needle.  I am loving the yarn. It is a worsted weight.  I’m also enjoying the pattern.

Brickless - 2

No progress has been made on the calendar scarf.

Last but not least, I am more than half way finished with the second Dia de los Muertos sock.  The yarn is by Desert Vista Dyeworks in her Viso base. I am using a size 1 needle.

Dias sock 2

I’ll have to think about what sock I am going  to knit next.

No comments: