Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Deep Stash Diving

It feels so good to shop from my stash.  I told my friends that I should set up a room in my house as a yarn store and maybe I would shop more from my stash that way.

I finished the Dia de la Muertos sock.  The yarn is by Desert Vista Dyeworks.  I used a size 1 needle with a basic sock pattern.  I love how these socks turned out.

DIa de los muertos sock

I also completed the Pagona shawl by Stephen West.  I was disappointed with this shawl.  I had more than the required yarn needed, but it wasn’t enough.  I thought that it would be bigger than it got.  I love the yarn.  It’s Dream in Color Everlasting in the Morning Glory color.  I used a size 6 needle.

Pagona completed

I started another sock.  The pattern is called Socktoberfest Swirl sock.  There is a story to this sock.  Years (and I mean years ago) I took a class to knit a sock designed by Lucy Neatby.  The pattern is similar to the Socktoberfest Swirl sock.  We were using a Regia striping yarn, but when the class started, the yarn shop didn’t have the yarn they were getting for the sock.  So, I had to pick out another Regia color.  I wasn’t thrilled by the yarn.  I never finished it and it laid around for years until I frogged it.  I did buy the yarn that we were suppose to use for the sock and had put it aside.  When I saw this current pattern, I remembered the yarn and went DEEP stash diving.  It felt good.  The yarn is Regia Ringel yarn in the clown color.  I am using a size 1 needle.  The pattern is only on the leg unless I change my mind and continue it on the foot.  The pattern is easy.  Between the pattern and the yarn it works up as shown on the picture.  I love it.

Socktoberfest Swirl Sock 1 Cuff

I have to knit a cowl for a friends birthday gift.  I went DEEP stash diving again and found Sanguine Gryphon’s Bugga in Milkweed Beetle.  The pattern is called Song of the Sea cowl.  I am making the shorter version with a size 6 needles.  I also cast on an additional 16 stitches and omitted one repeat of the middle wave.  I love how it’s knitting up and it’s going quickly.

Song of the sea cowl - Take 2

I have also been knitting the Brickless pattern.  I love this pattern.  It is knitting up fast.  I probably would be finished if I hadn’t started other projects.  I am using Miss Bab’s Yowsa yarn in the color called Berlin with a size 6 needle.  I love the yarn and will probably knit another hitchhiker in another color.

Brickless 2

Guess, I better get knitting!

No comments: