Saturday, July 27, 2013

Yowza!

I finally bought something from Miss Babs.  It’s Yowza Whatta Skein in the color called Berlin.  It’s 560 yards of a light worsted weight and I plan on using this to make the Brickless shawl by Martina Behm. I think I need a larger skein winder though.

Miss Babs - Yowza - Berline

I also bought two different colors in Madelinetosh sock.  I loved the Saffron color.  The picture that I took makes it look like more red, but it’s more orangy.

Madtosh Sock - Saffron

And, I got the Spectrum color.  One of my friends is using this color to make the hitchhiker, but she is using Madelinetosh light.  I plan on using it to make another Martina Behm pattern, but not sure which one I will make yet.

Madtosh Sock - Spectrum

Last, but not least, I was able to score more Fibernymph Dyeworks self striping yarn in her Bounce base.  I got the colors Polly Wanna Cracker and Shot Through the Heart.

Fibernymph Dye Works - July 2013

I’m getting excited because I ordered her Nyan Cat sock yarn over a year ago from Fibernymph Dyeworks and she is close to making it for me.  She had over a 100 orders.

I didn’t do much knitting this week.  It was cooler, but I think I wanted to enjoy the cooler weather and didn’t knit.  I finished the first sock in Desert Vista Dyeworks Viso yarn in the color Dia de los Muertos with a size 1 needle.  I am using a basic sock pattern for this yarn.  So many colors!

Desert Vista Dyeworks - Dias Sock 1 complete

No comments: