Saturday, July 13, 2013

Happiness is Knitting on Dreary Days

Geez, why can’t we be satisfied with the weather.  It’s either raining, sunny hot and humid, or dreary and humid.  I guess we can never be satisfied.

I finished day 8 of the 2011 Advent Calendar Scarf.  I am 1/3 finished with this scarf.  No way could I do this in 24 days straight.  I am using a size 2 needle with Madelinetosh Merino Light in the Rainwater color way.

2011 Calender Scarf - Day 8

Started the Second Sock of the Dizzy Pattern by CookieA.  I have turned the heel and started on the foot.  Almost finished.  I am using a size 1 needle with Alisha Goes Around Richess fingering yarn in the Genevieve color.

Dizzy - Sock 2

I also started the Second Sock of the Socks on a plane pattern by LaLa.  Again, I doing this top down using Lollipop yarn It’s Five O’Clock somewhere with a size 1 needle.  I just turned the heel on this sock.

Socks on a Plane - Sock 2

I started the Pogona shawl by Stephen West.  I am using Dream in Color Everlasting Yarn in the Morning Glory color with a size 6 needle.  I am enjoying knitting with this yarn and I like the pattern.  It is very easy.

pogona - everlasting - morning glory

Since I have become a striped yarn addict, I had to buy another skein of Lollipop yarn in the Up to No Good color.  I love finding patterns to use with striped yarn.  If it has a little bit of a pattern it makes it so cool to knit.

Lollipop Yarn - Up to No Good

No comments: