Saturday, April 13, 2013

Casting On

I am on a roll.  I finished two more projects.  The Sunny Baby Blanket is complete.  I used Encore worsted yarn in the color 449 with a size 8 needle.  I omitted one repeat and it worked out great.

Sunny Baby Blanket

I also finished the Cinnamon Toast shawl.  I used Madelinetosh Pashmina in the color antique lace with a size 4 needle.  I loved knitting this shawl, but the ruffle seemed to take forever.  Here is a picture of it blocking:

Cinnamon Toast Shawl - Blocking

So, since I cast off two projects.  I started more.  I cast on for the Mimi cowl using the mimi yarn by Lotus yarns in the color grey.  This yarn is a mink yarn and it is soooooo soft.  I love it.

Mimi Cowl

I also cast on for the Haystacks socks using a size 1 needle.  The yarn is Sanguine Gryphon’s Bugga in Familiar Bluet.  I haven’t used Bugga in awhile and I forgot how nice this yarn is.  The Pattern is very easy and since these socks are on my Addi Sock Rockets, they are flying off the needles.

Haystacks Sock 1 - Heel Turn

I finally am finished working for this tax season.  I still can’t believe it and keep pinching myself that I got through tax season.  It’s perfect timing too since we had several warm days this week.  Spring is finally here.

No comments: