Saturday, May 19, 2012

Wonderful Week

It was a nice week.  I got a lot of things finished around the house, got to spend some time with friends, and got to knit, knit, knit.

I finished the Nanaimo Socks.  I used Socktopus Sokkusu yarn in the river styx color with size 1 needles.  I really liked knitting with this yarn and I loved the pattern.

Nanaimo Socks Complete

I then started the Fruit Loop socks.  Yarn is by Fibernymph dyeworks in her Bounce base, in the color Fruit Loops.  I am using a size 1 needle.  I love the yarn.  It’s aptly named and I love the striping.

Fruit Loop Sock and Yarn

Fruit Loop Sock Leg

I have wanted to knit an animal or monster for awhile and finally knit up the Chubby Chirp pattern by Rebecca Danger.  This knit up fast and was easy to do.  I used size 6mm safety eyes.  The yarn is Plymouth Jeanne worsted in colors 52 (blue) and 53 (orange).  I used a size 5 needle. Next up is Iris the gourmet monster.

Chubby Chirp

I haven’t stopped buying yarn.  My local yarn shop got Madelinetosh Vintage yarn.  They are having a knit-a-long using the Colonade pattern by Stephen West.  I bought the colors Thyme and Cove.

Madtosh Vintage - Cove and Thyme

I also want to knit the Vittorio Scarf/Shawl, so I bought Dyeabolical yarn in her strong arm skinny in gamma ray and BFF hardtwist 4 ply sock in We are all mad here.  I love the colors.

Dyeabolical Yarn

It’s warming up this morning, so I guess I will go knit and read outside.  Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment:

Jill L said...

Good stuff!