Saturday, May 05, 2012

Busy Week

It has been a busy week and I’ve gotten a lot accomplished.

I finished the hitchhiker scarf.  I used Wollmeise superwash yarn in the color Am Kalten Polar with a size 2 needle.  I really enjoyed knitting this pattern.

Hitchhiker Complete 1

Hitchhiker Complete 2

I also completed the May 2012 Dishcloth KAL.  The pattern is Rippling Diag by Janet Nogle.  I used Sugar and Cream in hot lime with a size 7 needle.  After completing this cloth, I took a picture and saw that I made an error in the pattern.  I am not ripping this cloth out, so it is what it is.

May 2012 Dishcloth KAL

One Nanaimo sock is completed.  I used size 1 needles with Soctopus Sokkusu original yarn in the river styx color.  Love this pattern and yarn.

Nanaimo Sock 1 Complete

The exciting part of this week is that I got my Dancing Dog Dyeworks yarn in Waltz Worsted.  She had a big update and I was shocked that I was able to get 7 (yes 7) skeins.  Now I can start knitting monsters.

The colors from top to bottom are:  Owlies, Jolly, Puppytails, and Zombie Dog.

Dancing Dog Dyeworks Waltz Worsted 1

The colors in this group from top to bottom are: Mickey’s Madness, Cupcake and Kelp Forest.

Dancing Doy Dyeworks Waltz Worsted 2

I also bought three skeins of Noro Silk Garden in the color 354 to make a Noro shawlette.

Silk Garden Color 354 Trio

And, I was able to snag a skein of Wollmeise in the color Lila Ludmilla.  This was a tough buy as her web site was running really slow.  After I bought this skein, I realized I already had this color, but I figure I can put it to good use.

Wollmeise - Lila Ludmilla

So, now I want to finish the second Nanaimo Sock (I need to cast on for it though) and the Color Affection Shawl.  I think I will cast on for the Noro Shawl soon.

Monday, I get new windows for my bedroom, so I will be busy tomorrow cleaning out the room and covering furniture up in anticipation of the install.  New Furniture has been ordered.  Now, I just need to get the room painted and buy some curtains.

No comments: