Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas is coming too fast

Why is that?  We run around like chickens with our heads cut off getting ready and it’s over in an instant.  It also doesn’t help when you start last minute projects to try and finish in time.

At least I finished the dog puppet for Carter that I was working on.  It came out really cute and I think he will love it.  It came in a kit with Cotonade yarn in nutmeg and small pieces of black and red yarn (for the tongue).  The pattern and yarn came in a kit. I used size 7 needles for this. 

Hush Puppy Bath Mitt

I started a Snowman Rolled Brim Hat for Carter as well.  I finished the hat and did the eye (but have to attach them) and just need to knit the carrot nose.  The hat also has a mouth, but since this is a toddler hat, there isn’t any room to put on the mouth, so I’m eliminating it.  The yarn is Plymouth Dreamland Fancy in white and a half skein of Holiday Lights.  Plus you need some black and orange yarn for the eyes (mouth) and nose.  This was also in a kit. I used a size 11 needle for this hat.

Snowman Rolled Brim Hat

I did finish the December Monthly Dishcloth KAL.  The pattern is Tree of Christmas by Janet Nogle.  I used Peaches and Crème in emerald green with a size 6 needle.  The pattern called for a size 7, but I used a size 6.

December 2011 KAL

I also started the North Wind Hat using Madelinetosh Vintage in the tart color.  I love Madelinetosh.  I am using a size 8 needle.  This hat is for me and I’m not in a hurry to finish it by Christmas.

North Wind Hat

I do want to knit my husband a hat for Christmas, but he may have to wait until after Christmas to get it.  The yarn I want to use is Pur by Schoppel Wolle.  The color is 1968 ombre.  The pattern I will use is called the Manly Man hat.

Pur - Color 1968ombre

I still have to finish a baby sweater for Carter.  I have one sleeve finished and will be starting on the second sleeve.  After that is complete, it shouldn’t take long to finish.

I also bought another skein of Lorna’s Laces solemate in the pine colorway.  Love this green and I love the yarn.  I finally wore the first pair that I knit from the Cookie A sock club and I love them.

Lornas Laces Solemate - Pine

I couldn’t resist more Lorna’s Laces.  I bought a skein of  Shepard Sock and Worsted in the color Christmas Holly.  This was a special color dyed for Serendipity Needle Works in Alabama.  I won’t get anything knit with this for Christmas.  But there is always next year.

Lornas Laces Christmas Holly

No comments: