Saturday, June 11, 2011

Mystery Stole Complete!

Another old WIP completed.  I finished the wing on the Mystery Stole.  Boy do I feel relieved.  I had some bumps along the road, but I got through it.  The wing looks kind of cool.

Mystery Stole - Wing complete

The pattern is by Melanie Gibbons and is called Swan Lake.  I used a size 4 needle with Jaggerspun zephyr yarn in ebony.  Here is the completed stole unblocked.

Mystery Stole - complete and unblocked

I also completed the June Monthly Dishcloth KAL.  The pattern is Bluebonnet by Lindy.  I used a size 6 needle with Peaches and Crème in Williamsburg Blue.

June 2011 KAL - Blue Bonnet

One sock is complete using Lornas Laces Shepherd Sock in the Jungle Stripe colorway using a size 1 needle.  I didn’t finish the heel since I am going to use an afterthought heel.  I will do both heels after I finish the second sock.  I love purple and green.

Lornas Laces Shepard Sock - Jungle Stripe - sock 1

I was happy to get the June shipment of the Cookie A sock club.  The yarn is Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in the color Oh My Darling.  I love it.  We got two sock patterns with it and of course cookie recipes.  I am really enjoying this club and plan on joining again.

Cookie A Sock Club - June 2011- Hazel Knits - Oh my darling

I had to buy a new sock yarn.  It’s from Three Ewes Twisted in Fiber Sock for Ewe in the saltwater taffy color way.  I like the colors.  This is a variegated yarn, but, she does have striped yarn too and I did order another skein in a stripe.  Her colors are really nice.

Three Ewes Twisted in Fiber - Sock for Ewe - varigated - Saltwater Taffy

Right now, I am just working on the the Jungle Stripe sock and the Minnie Scarf.  I want to get these two projects finished and then try another shawl/scarf.  There are so many wonderful patterns out there.  I just have to decide what pattern I want to knit first….. decisions, decisions.

No comments: