Friday, June 17, 2011

Frogging an unfinished sweater

 

The Swan Lake stole is blocked.  Yippee!

Swan Lake Blocked

I also finished the Minnie Scarf by Jumpers Cable Knitting.  I used Manos del Uruguay silk blend in color 300A with a size 7 needle.  This was an easy and enjoyable knit.

Minnie Scarf complete

Today I started the Daybreak pattern by Steven West.  I’m having a heck of a time getting the M1L and M1R’s correct on the knit and purl side.  Once I finish this project, I will be a Make one expert!

Loopy Ewe had an update this week and offered Socktopus Sokkusu yarn.  Of course, I couldn’t resist getting  the  jammy dodger and ayame colors.

Socktopus - Sokkusu

After some deep thought, I decided today that I was going to frog the first sweater that I was knitting.  I never completed it but planned on finishing it; however, it’s way to big for me now.  So, maybe over this weekend, I will rip it out and rewind the yarn.  I like the pattern and the yarn, so I plan on knitting it again in a smaller size after I complete the Central Park Hoodie.  I started this back in 2004 and have learned a lot about knitting since then, so I think if I reknit it in a smaller size, it will knit up faster.  So rip it, rip it, rip it…….

No comments: