Saturday, November 13, 2010

Christmas songs on the radio?

November is flying by and Christmas is coming up pretty quickly.  One of our local radio stations is playing Christmas music already.  It just doesn’t seem right.  It was nice that Daylight Savings Time ended last Sunday and we got an extra hour, but I hate that it’s dark out so early.  I am dreaming of Spring and warmer weather.

I got my last Loopy Ewe Sock Club shipment.  It was a nice package.  We got The Sanguine Gryphon’s Bugga yarn in Great Purple Hairstreak, A top down sock pattern by Debbie of Nutty Creations and cabled hat pattern by Sara of the Sexy Knitter.  Also in the package was a set of stitch markers and a Loopy Ewe Stitch Marker pocket. 

November 2010 - Loopy Ewe Sock Club

So, this was the second year that I was in the club.  I will go into the lottery again, but won’t be guaranteed a spot.  So, if I get in, I get in and if not I should be in the Don’t Be blue club, which will be nice.

I also bought some Fortissima Color Sock yarn in color 164.  I liked the different shades of red on this yarn and it would be nice for Christmas or Valentines Day.

Fortissima Color Sock - Color 164

I completed the November 2010 dishcloth KAL.  The cloth is by Elaine Fitzpatrick and it’s called the peanut cloth.  I used Peaches and Crème in color peacock with size 6 needles.

November 2010 KAL - Elephant

I also finished the Twist baby hat by Melissa Goodale.  I used Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in a blue denim colorway with size 2 and 3 needles.

Twist Baby Hat

I need to give this hat and the Sprout hat to my niece.  Her baby was due on November 12th, but she had the baby on November 4th. He was 7 pounds, 8 ounces and she named him Carter.

1 comment:

Jill L said...

Love the yarn and kit! I was downtown last weekend and one store had Christmas music on. It worked -- I bought a gift!